Manage our Impact
Driving Impact through Energy
Three pillars support our goal to improve the overall sustainability of our airports by managing our energy needs.
- LED re-lamping across the MSP campus, including in parking facilities, at curbside check-ins at Terminal 2, the Terminal 1 connector bridge, Terminal 1 restroom remodels, and the Terminal 2 gate expansion
- Continued gathering and integration of data into our energy management system, expanding our ability to view, manage, and analyze the system's performance
- A 1.3-megawatt solar energy installation at Terminal 2
- Expanding electrification options for ground service equipment across Terminal 1, resulting in a reduction of diesel-powered equipment use
- Partnering with concessionaires to ensure energy efficiency was integrated into their store and restaurant designs, including making them aware of available utility rebate options
- Solar cells above the new Terminal 1 North Security Checkpoint
Harnessing the Sun at MSP
We are proud to host one of the largest solar arrays in Minnesota atop our parking ramps, which result in a cumulative 4.3 megawatts of solar energy generated onsite. Check it out!
Goal — Minimize our ecological impact
while actively exploring innovations to improve our performance
- Improve energy efficiency and minimize air quality impacts, including GHG emissions
- Reduce the impact of chemical usage and integrate ecologically-friendly solutions
- Employ best practices to minimize ecological impacts on surrounding water bodies