In July 2016, the Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC) published its first Global Reporting Initiative-level sustainability management plan and report based on the scope year of 2015. This year we are publishing an update to that report based on activities completed in 2016.
The MAC publishes and e-newsletter that helps us tell our sustainability story. Click on the links below to read more.
- April 2018: Earth Day arrives at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
- May 2017: Pure Energy - MSP's Energy Management Center continues push for sustainability
- April 2017: Local honey and therapy dogs - the MAC celebrates Earth Week with an eye-catching event
- March 2017: MAC shop team's ground game helps keep MSP running
- February 2017: Volante recognized for sustainable operations at MSP
- January 2017: Freeze and thaw - MSP manages deicing fluid and helps protect waterways; T-coil increasingly common at MSP, benefits hearing aid users
- December 2016: MSP's concessions embrace sustainability; MSP's organics composting program downsizes waste; brewer involvement not just froth at Stone Arch; OTG goes all in with local kitchen talent; opportunity knocks for student musicians at Republic
- November 2016: MSP signs onto sustainability declaration in Amsterdam; MSP snow removal plows ahead with coordinated, efficient strategy
- October 2016: The latest buzz at MSP International - beekeeping for vets; MSP receives carbon accreditation from Airports Council International
- August 2016: Sustainability management plan completed for MSP Airport; MSP Airport wins 2 awards for environmental leadership; solar array taking shape at Terminal 2
- April 2016: Aveda wins 2015 Merchant Five-Star sustainability award; MSP completes first, begins a second solar facility project; sustainability briefs; MSP by the numbers 2015; five tips for traveling sustainably
- April 2015: Terminal 2-Humphrey getting a green (and blue and pink and yellow) facelift; checking in on MSP's solar facility project; celebrating Earth Day every day